Saturable toroidal cores with square B-H loop, made of thin (25 microns) Co-based amorphous ribbon are traditionally considered to be the best for magamp chokes. Magamp is the synonym for reliability in modern SMPSs.
In most multi-channel power supplies only a single output voltage is regulated by the overall feedback loop from the output of the channel to PWM controller. The dynamic properties of other channels are much worse as they depend on each other. For independent channel voltage regulation additional adjustment methods are used. Conventional linear regulators reduce the efficiency and are acceptable only for small output currents. Electronic controls are more effective but also more bulky due to greater number of components and thus are less reliable and mure expensive.
Using the magamp is a cheap, effective and reliable way of solving these problems. It allows to reach easily the efficiency level of 90% at switching frequencies up to 300 kHz, facilitates the equipment miniaturization.
Ribbon wound magnetic core is placed intohard protective container of glass-polyamide and mechanically fixed with silicone sealant.The container has rounded edges and is designed for direct winding of a thick wire. The container provides reliable mechanical protection and preservation of amorphous material's properties. All materials comply with UL94V-1 / 0.
KEY FEATURES OF THE AMORPHOUS MATERIAL:
- Induction amplitude, Bm(25°C) 0.62 T
- Induction amplitude, Bm(90°C) 0.54 T
- Squareness ratio Br/Bm (@ 100 kHz, 80A/m), at least 0.96
- Core power loss rating (@ 50 kHz, 0.4 T), no more than 60 W/kg
- Coercitive force Hc (@ 100 kHz, 80 A/m), no more than 17 A/m
- Curie temperature, Tc 225°C
- Operating temperature range -60°C ... +100°C
- Saturation magnetostriction less than 0.1´10^-6
- High squareness for SMPS
- Magamp choke dead time reduction and improved adjustment mode
- High saturation induction (choke size reduction)
- Very low coercitive force (reduction in reverse recovery current and overheating control components)
- Low core loss (increasing operating frequencies)
- Magamps for SMPS
- Magamps for DC/DC converters
- Computer power supplies
- Pulse transformers
- Saturable transformers for oscillators
- Other saturable applications
- MS– MSTATOR;
- S – application (saturable core);
- A – material reference code;
- 10 – outer diameter in mm;
- S – cross section reference code;
- L – thermal treatment type (L – longitudinal field, N – without field).
DIMENSIONS AND KEY FEATURES:
(O.D. – I.D. - H)
Mean line length
|Window area Wa, cm2||WaAc, cm4||
B-H loop parameters @ F=100 kHz,
Hm=1 Oe (80 A/m), 25°C
|Without container||With container||Nominal||Nominal||Nominal||Nominal||Nominal||+-13%||Max.||Min.|
|MSSA-08S-L,N||8-7-4.5||10.7-5.5-6.3||2.35||0.0175||0.237||0.0042||0.35||2.0||17,0||96.0 (N-type), 97.0 (L-type)|
* - Squareness ratio Br/Bm @ 1 kHz, 80 A/m: thermal treatment N-type (86%), L-type (93%)
Operating temperature range -60°C ... +100°C